Welcome to Harpole Pre-school. We are a small and friendly run pre-school set in the village of Harpole, where we have been established for many years. We provide care and education for young children between the ages of 2yrs and 4 years of age.
Our aims are:
- To provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age
- To create a happy, warm, friendly, secure place for children to develop social skills and interact with other children and adults
- For the committee to support the staff in fulfilling the above aims within the pre-school and to encourage personal development.
- To provide a wide range of experience so that young children learn through play and prepare them for later learning.
- Staff to encourage children’s spontaneity and self directed activities.
- Through play children should benefit from activities which bring together several areas of learning, taking into account their emotional, physical, social, intellectual and creative development.
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- To add to the life and well-being of the local community
- To offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress;
- is in a setting that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and
- is in a setting in which parents help to shape the service it offers.